Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b 221(g)-Pink slip

Dear sir,
    I attended the interview in chennai consulate and has been given 221-g pink form. Please help me to understand what is this 221(g) pink slip refers to ? It says it requires additional information and has a case number.
    What kind of information they will check and how much time they will take?
    Does this pink slip almost equal to rejection ?
    They did not take any of my documents, they just have my form 156-57 and said they will contact me and I have to send my passport.
    I am bit confused will they call be again for interview ?

All seniors and experience holders please suggest.
    Thanks,
    Skumar

Hello skumar08

For Information Regarding this... You can refer Posting Number 32, 33 & 38 of this Thread " H1b - No 221g - Cross Verification For Us Employer - All Original Docs Sullendered " - You will find this thread just above your thread.

Regards,
    Sreedevi Reddy

Comment

Re: Skumar

Kumar,

They said, you just have to send the passport, when they call you. So you are through man, you would get the visa. But they held your application (or you) for security clearance. Clearance has to come from State Department (DOS).

Please visit Chennai website, they have status pdf for all the PINK form cases. All the best.

Thanks

Comment

h1 Pink slip-Chennai

Dear Madmox/Sreedevi,

Thank you so much for your reply. Could you please help me understnd the difference between pink slip and blue form of 221(g). Is there a possiblity that after giving pink slip they may again give me blue form for any other documents ?
        Kindly suggest.
        Thanks once again

Comment

Re: Skumar

Kumar,

Pink form is for security clearance. This file goes to Department of State. One reason for them to give pink form, is applicant having a very common first name/sur name.

Blue form is to ask to provide extra docs or to let you know they want to check your employer and do administrative processing. This file goes to USCIS.

Since in your case, they told you that you just needed to send the passport, after they received the clearance from state department, you will not have any problems. So be cool. Just wait for things to clear.

Thanks

Comment

hi guys,

Let me update u about security check. I have posted my case some time back. I attended interview in New delhi got AAP for security check(for me , they took finger printing also). Still after more than 4.5 months, I am under security check. I called DOS - they told me that ur case is under security check, when I asked for time, they told they don't know. I called FBI name check division- they said they won't deal individuals. Let me know if any one is under security check .. and else can be done

mail id: [email protected]

Comment

H1 b Pink slip

Hi Madmox/Harry,

Thanks again for your replies. Could you please let me know what DOS stands for ? and Can I also contact them for my case ? Please let me know how to contact them.

Regards,
              Skumar

Comment

Re: Kumar

DOS is Department of State or State Department. They may hand over few cases of security clearance to FBI.

Comment

==>Here's the contact info of DOS at Washington:
                  001-202-663-1225-extension 100.
                  Fax (202) 663-3899

u can call them .. u may need to hold for more than 1 hour..

Comment

Just I got (G) on my passport

Hello Guys,

I have attended interview for H1B visa stamping at NewDelhi on November 30th 2006. After they reviewed all documents and asked me some technical questions and the they asked me to withdraw application otherwise he is going reject the visa. Then I got scared and I asked him to withdraw. Then he took my passport and HDFC pink Draft and wrote "G" on my last page of passport. There is no wrong with me and even all my experience and all my qualifications are real.

Can you guys suggest me what I have to do in my sistuation? Anyone go this sistuation. Now H1B processing comapny asking why don't you go for another interview at Chennai and tell them what happend in Delhi. Can I reapply for stamping again. Just I want to know happend in my case.

Advanced appreciation to you guys.

Comment

Seniors Please Clarify

Hi All,
                      I have seen that in the Case pending sheet (for Pink slips with case no. people) , many people were asked to send PPT(Passport), so could you please let me know, Do consulate first send an email/call and let us know that our case is approved or is it only through that sheet we can know about our case approval status ?

Thanks,
                      Skumar
                      Last edited by skumar08; 04-05-2007, 11:20 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X