Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need urgent help in H4 to H1 transfer

Hi,
    I am on H4 Visa status. My Visa is all ready expired and my I-94 is valid up to 2008. I want to file my H1 in April 2007. For personal thing I need to go back to India in Nov 2007 and I will be back in Jan 2008. Now here is my Que.

1. At the time of coming back from India, do I need to Stamp my H1? if my H1 got approved in Oct 2007.

2. Is It possible that I will stamp my H4 and I will come back on H4 statusand in that case my H1 is also valid to work in US in 2008?

If my second option is possible then only I want to file my H1. Please help me as soon as possible to solve my problem.

In advance thank you very much.

h4 to h1

hi truptisagre,
    iam also in the same situation and i also want to file h1 and i have to go india on may so i enquired ,form the sources i knew that

1. At the time of coming back from India, do I need to Stamp my H1? if my H1 got approved in Oct 2007.
    ------once u got h1 approved and went to outside u.s u must have to go for stamping.

2. Is It possible that I will stamp my H4 and I will come back on H4 statusand in that case my H1 is also valid to work in US in 2008.
    -----no,once u got h4 stamping ur status will be changed and may be u have to file again from h4 to h1 .

iam not sure iam telling what i have known so before doing filing enuire well and then proceed.

thanks,
    bunny.

Comment

h4 to h1

Thanks Bunny,

It helps

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...