Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 B visa transfer and travelling

Hi,
    I was working for company A and have my H1B valid upto October 2007.Now I have transferred my H1 to Company b.Do I need to get the visa stamped for the new company B or can I travel on my old H1B as its still valid.Do I need to show the new i797 at the port of entry?

Thank you.

H1 Transfer issues

I was working for company A and have my H1B valid upto October 2007.Now I have transferred my H1 to Company b.Do I need to get the visa stamped for the new company B or can I travel on my old H1B as its still valid.

---- Yes, you can travel on the previous H1B Visa until it is valid

Do I need to show the new i797 at the port of entry?

---- Yes, that enables you to get a I-94 till the validity of the new I-797

Subramanya

Comment

Originally posted by Subramanya
      I was working for company A and have my H1B valid upto October 2007.Now I have transferred my H1 to Company b.Do I need to get the visa stamped for the new company B or can I travel on my old H1B as its still valid.

---- Yes, you can travel on the previous H1B Visa until it is valid

Do I need to show the new i797 at the port of entry?

---- Yes, that enables you to get a I-94 till the validity of the new I-797

Subramanya
      Hi Subramanya,

I also faced the same problem, I worked for company A and got the H1B which is valid till 30-Sep-2007. Now I am working with company B and cleared the interview with the US based company C in January 2007. And they (Company C) said that then can do the transfer of my H1B which will be out of H1B quota. And said that I will get the approval in the month of June at the max. I received the I129 form copy as well from them.
      Now i am not sure whether this thing will work properly or what.
      I am desperately looking out for help on this.

Thanks & Regards,
      Prashant

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X