Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1B transfer (while in India) Please please help me Mr. Subramanya !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B transfer (while in India) Please please help me Mr. Subramanya !!!

Hi Mr Subramanya!!!!,

Hope you are doing well!!!!
    I am really hoping valuable advice.

I worked for xxx company and got B1 (first) (valid till 2014) and then H1B (valid till Sep 2007) thru the same employer. But did not get chance to go to US thru them. That is why I changed the company and working with yyy company.

Thru yyyy, I went to US in Aug2006. But that time my international HR told me that I need to cancel my H1B visa otherwise I may face problem while entering US, since I have two valid visas simultaneously. And did the same thru Mumbai consulate. Now my H1B is having "Cancelled without prejudices", but which is valid till Sep-2007.
    I travelled to US thru my B1 visa.

Then after that in Jan'07, I got the offer from US company zzz (based in Mumbai as well) for long term. And they applied for H1B transfer!!! I received the Receipt Notice as well for the same. Notice date is: 12-March-2007. And I am waiting for Approval Notice.
    Would you please tell me how much time it would take to get the Approval Notice and whether I will face any problem getting that?

Subramanya,
    Now I am not sure whether this will work out well or not. I heard that if you have not travelled on your H1B prior then that visa is invalid.
    zzz company HR is saying that no need to worry, since this is valid transfer case and this is out of H1B 2008 quota; I will travel to US immediately once I get the Approval Notice probably by May or June.
    Would you please tell whether I need to goto US consulate for getting the fresh/transferred H1B or old H1B will work (but that is having "Cancelled without prejudices" stamp)?

Now I have one more concern Subramanya that I have received the offer from local qqq company with really good hike. But if I join qqq company now and get the H1B Approval Notice after sometime say by May, then there will me mess up in my resume. And offcourse I wont like to lose the US offer!!!!

But on the other hand if H1B does not work out well, then I will regret not joining qqq company. Please comment on this as well.

Thanks a ton in advance Subramanya!!!

Thanks & Regards,
    Chetan

H1B transfer (while in India) Please please help me Mr. Subramanya !!!

Hi Subramanya,

Today only i received the update from USCIS website saying they sent the APPROVAL NOTICE to my employer.
    Would you please tell me that is the only thing required to travel to US or any other things are there as well?

Thanks & Regards,
    Chetan

Originally posted by bo3527
    Hi Mr Subramanya!!!!,

Hope you are doing well!!!!
    I am really hoping valuable advice.

I worked for xxx company and got B1 (first) (valid till 2014) and then H1B (valid till Sep 2007) thru the same employer. But did not get chance to go to US thru them. That is why I changed the company and working with yyy company.

Thru yyyy, I went to US in Aug2006. But that time my international HR told me that I need to cancel my H1B visa otherwise I may face problem while entering US, since I have two valid visas simultaneously. And did the same thru Mumbai consulate. Now my H1B is having "Cancelled without prejudices", but which is valid till Sep-2007.
    I travelled to US thru my B1 visa.

Then after that in Jan'07, I got the offer from US company zzz (based in Mumbai as well) for long term. And they applied for H1B transfer!!! I received the Receipt Notice as well for the same. Notice date is: 12-March-2007. And I am waiting for Approval Notice.
    Would you please tell me how much time it would take to get the Approval Notice and whether I will face any problem getting that?

Subramanya,
    Now I am not sure whether this will work out well or not. I heard that if you have not travelled on your H1B prior then that visa is invalid.
    zzz company HR is saying that no need to worry, since this is valid transfer case and this is out of H1B 2008 quota; I will travel to US immediately once I get the Approval Notice probably by May or June.
    Would you please tell whether I need to goto US consulate for getting the fresh/transferred H1B or old H1B will work (but that is having "Cancelled without prejudices" stamp)?

Now I have one more concern Subramanya that I have received the offer from local qqq company with really good hike. But if I join qqq company now and get the H1B Approval Notice after sometime say by May, then there will me mess up in my resume. And offcourse I wont like to lose the US offer!!!!

But on the other hand if H1B does not work out well, then I will regret not joining qqq company. Please comment on this as well.

Thanks a ton in advance Subramanya!!!

Thanks & Regards,
    Chetan

Comment

H1b petition transfer

I am in us with L1 visa. Earlier I was having H1B visa stamped. It got cancelled (cancelled by prejudice) by us consulate since I have applied L1. Now Will it possible to transfer my H1B petiton (valid upto Apr08) to other employer so i can change job and my status will be changed with H1B in place of L1.

Thanks,
      kaps

Comment

H1B transfer while in India

Hi,
        Will it be possible, to transfer H1B while I am in India. I have a company doing that for me and charging for it also, I am not sure whether this is possible or not.
        As I don't want to pay the money for nothing.

Best Regards
        Josh

Comment

Yes. You can. I mean your new employer can transfer H1B..no matter u r in us or india. But find a compnay who doesn't charge? even if they charge, they will have to pay in ur next paystub....

Comment

Subramanya,

since u r in india and not having valid hib visa. u need to first ur visa to be stamped.

Comment

Anyone have answer of my below query..Thanks

I am in us with L1 visa. Earlier I was having H1B visa stamped. It got cancelled (cancelled by prejudice) by us consulate since I have applied L1. Now Will it possible to transfer my H1B petiton (valid upto Apr08) to other employer so i can change job and my status will be changed with H1B in place of L1.

Thanks,
              kaps

Comment

H1b - approved but havent received approval notice

Hi friends,
                It be a great favor if you could guide with some right information.

Please find the message pasted from USCIS site for my Receipt number:

Application Type: I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER
                Current Status: Approval notice sent.
                On November 29, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

My Issue : I havent received my approval notice till now feb 21 - 2008 . My employer says he filled for I824 which is for getting the h1b duplicate copy even that is not received(which is also 60 days over now). I have to go INDIA this april 2008 for my marriage and I dont know what to do now.

I got my l1b - transferred to h1b this 2007 and the my situation is I am living without my approval notice. I want to get the stamping before going to India to make sure that I dont get into any trouble once I try to come back from India. Please advice what to do ??

thanks
                Krishna

Comment

transfer?

hey bo3527,
                  I am having a valid h1b petition but no visa stamping. I would like to get it transferred. Can you plz give me ur email address.. I need to clear some doubts.
                  Thanks
                  [email protected]

Originally posted by bo3527
                  Hi Subramanya,

Today only i received the update from USCIS website saying they sent the APPROVAL NOTICE to my employer.
                  Would you please tell me that is the only thing required to travel to US or any other things are there as well?

Thanks & Regards,
                  Chetan

Comment

Is it possible for H1B transfer while in India or immediately going to US

I have my H1 stamping from leading software company(ZZZ) in India. But they are not willing to send me to US in the near future. I have offer from another consulting company(YYY) from US who are ready to do my H1 transfer. Please help me with these questions. Your help is greatly appreciated.

1) Is it possible to apply for H1B transfer while I am in India and still working for ZZZ?

2) If not, I am planning to go to US without informing ZZZ(i'll go on leave) and can company YYY apply for my H1 transfer immediately after I land in US? Is it possible and will there be any problems?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X