Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS156 - Employed or Studying

Hello Friends,

Me and my wife are planning to go for H1-B/H-4 revalidation respectively next month at Mumbai consulate.

My labor certification has already been approved and I-140 is in process. My wife is taking classes in the local community college.

My question for you all is simple:

What should i select in DS-156 form for my wife for the following question:

20.Are you Employed or Studying? Yes No

I don't wish to select No. If i select Yes, i need to provide details of the college. Does this, in any case, pose a threat for my wife's H-4 visa getting rejected (since she is currently studying on H-4) ?

Thanks much in advance for your advise!
    Last edited by immi4jk; 04-02-2007, 11:55 PM.

H4 and studying

Me and my wife are planning to go for H1-B/H-4 revalidation respectively next month at Mumbai consulate.

My labor certification has already been approved and I-140 is in process. My wife is taking classes in the local community college.

My question for you all is simple:

What should i select in DS-156 form for my wife for the following question:

20.Are you Employed or Studying? Yes No

I don't wish to select No. If i select Yes, i need to provide details of the college. Does this, in any case, pose a threat for my wife's H-4 visa getting rejected (since she is currently studying on H-4) ?

---- You should select yes, in fact it is true and the US Consulate VO's also like since she may not be sitting at home idel adn trying to catch up with local life and keeping herself occupied. Details can be provided and there is no harm and it does not pose any threat whatsoever

Subramanya

Comment

Thanks much for your reply, Subramanya!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X