Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new to H1, a few doubts

Hi ALL,

I am very much new to H1 Process, recently through a consultant i had processed the H1. The consultant said in a month i would receive the docs,
    what all the docs i require, and what should i ask the client, when is the better time to attend to H1, as i am in banalore, when should i attend the interview, what is the process to attend the interview,any fees, any appoinments etc??

i have been reading this forum from last couple of days, i am getting only half info, or i am able to understand only few things, can any one please provide me the complete info, i am really a layman in H1 process.

H1 issues

I am very much new to H1 Process, recently through a consultant i had processed the H1.

The consultant said in a month i would receive the docs,

---- Unless you have applied for premium processing you will not be receiving any documents about your H1

what all the docs i require, and what should i ask the client,

---- You need to know who your client is and a contract letter from them as well as an appointment letter from your conultant who will be your primary employer

when is the better time to attend to H1,

---- You can attend the H1 Visa interveiw soon after receiving the H1 approval notice

as i am in banalore, when should i attend the interview, what is the process to attend the interview,any fees, any appoinments etc??

---- Access the website of vfs-usa.co.in

i have been reading this forum from last couple of days, i am getting only half info, or i am able to understand only few things, can any one please provide me the complete info, i am really a layman in H1 process.

---- When you decided to apply for H1 you are quite mature and only then have made the decision. It does not happen just like that. Moreover, you are planning to travel to a foreign country for a job/career/life etc. you cannot afford to be ignorant and innocent

---- For information about H1 access USCIS.gov and get all the information you want

Subramanya

Comment

Thank you subramanya, i got the answers,
      now what is premium processing, and what is the normal way, when can i expect my H1 aprovals??

Originally posted by Subramanya
      I am very much new to H1 Process, recently through a consultant i had processed the H1.

The consultant said in a month i would receive the docs,

---- Unless you have applied for premium processing you will not be receiving any documents about your H1

what all the docs i require, and what should i ask the client,

---- You need to know who your client is and a contract letter from them as well as an appointment letter from your conultant who will be your primary employer

when is the better time to attend to H1,

---- You can attend the H1 Visa interveiw soon after receiving the H1 approval notice

as i am in banalore, when should i attend the interview, what is the process to attend the interview,any fees, any appoinments etc??

---- Access the website of vfs-usa.co.in

---- When you decided to apply for H1 you are quite mature and only then have made the decision. It does not happen just like that. Moreover, you are planning to travel to a foreign country for a job/career/life etc. you cannot afford to be ignorant and innocent

---- For information about H1 access USCIS.gov and get all the information you want

Subramanya

Comment

H1 issues

now what is premium processing, and what is the normal way, when can i expect my H1 aprovals??

---- For premium processing you pay a higher fees other than the normal fees and you will receive your H1 approval notice within 2-4 weeks

---- Under a normal process you will get your H1 within 3-4 months

---- When you receive your approval will depend on various factors including the employer's credentials

Subramanya

Comment

---- For premium processing you pay a higher fees other than the normal fees and you will receive your H1 approval notice within 2-4 weeks

---- Under a normal process you will get your H1 within 3-4 months

---- When you receive your approval will depend on various factors including the employer's credentials

Subramanya

Thankyou subramanya, sorry, but one more question:
          I had applied H1 this year through a consultancy, they have filed, and as u said it will take 3-4 months, can i change job now.. what are the risk of changing job during this period.
          Why i am asking about this is , if i don't get H1, i will loose a good opportunity, as i have got an offer from an MNC

Comment

H1 approval

I had applied H1 this year through a consultancy, they have filed, and as u said it will take 3-4 months, can i change job now.. what are the risk of changing job during this period.

---- If you are not in teh US and not currently on h1 and if you are residing outside the country, you can change whatever job you want. The US Consulate is not concerned about that

---- If you are on OPT and in US, the choice is still your and you can change your job status anytime

Why i am asking about this is , if i don't get H1, i will loose a good opportunity, as i have got an offer from an MNC

---- If your H1 is not approved, there is nothing much anyone can do except hoping for the best and there is always a world which is away from H1

Subramanya

Comment

---- If you are not in teh US and not currently on h1 and if you are residing outside the country, you can change whatever job you want. The US Consulate is not concerned about that

---- If you are on OPT and in US, the choice is still your and you can change your job status anytime

---- If your H1 is not approved, there is nothing much anyone can do except hoping for the best and there is always a world which is away from H1

Subramanya

Thank you subramanya,

Actually, i am in india only, i had applied for H1 this april, through a consultancy and provided the docs stating as working in XYZ company, now i got a job in abc company, if i join, do i need to submit the new docs stating that i am currently working in abc company, or nothing is required??

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X