X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• urgent: H1b transfer issue

Hi,

I am in trouble please help me

i transfered to company B from company A in dec2006 which got approved lastweek. now i want to transfer to company C , but company B is not giving me I-797.

is it legal for company B to not give me I-797? Can i transfer to Company C with company A I-797?

regards,
    reddy

H1 Transfer

I am in trouble please help me

i transfered to company B from company A in dec2006 which got approved lastweek. now i want to transfer to company C , but company B is not giving me I-797.

is it legal for company B to not give me I-797? Can i transfer to Company C with company A I-797?

---- Yes, it is legal for a company not to give the I-797 to its employee. If you have your previous and earlier H1 approval notice (I-797) from company A, then read the middle portion of the document

If company B has given a copy of I-797 you can use that for transfer. Else you should bhave received the I-94 attached to the document (one for personal records and the other for handing it over to the airport/airline authorities while travelling overseas (excluding Canada/Mexico and certain other countries near US)

---- The I-94 is all that you can use for a transfer from B to C. It may sound very unusual but that's the way the system is

Subramanya

Comment

Thank you for quick reply. Employer B has not provided me I-94 and not willing to provide I-797 either. Can i take up any legal action against him?

i have Receipt notice for my H1b transfer to employer B,is that enough for my transfer to employer C?

thanks again,
      reddy

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X