H1B transfer please help IMMI Gurus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B transfer please help IMMI Gurus

I worked for xxx company and got B1 first (valid till 2014) and then H1B (valid till Sep 2007) thru the same employer. But did not get chance to go to US thru them. That is why I changed the company and working with yyy company.

Thru yyyy, I went to US in Aug2006. But that time my international HR told me that I need to cancel my H1B visa otherwise I may face problem while entering US, since I have two valid visas simultaneously. And did the same thru Mumbai consulate. Now my H1B is having "Cancelled without prejudices", but which is valid till Sep-2007.
    I travelled to US thru my B1 visa.

Then after that in Jan'07, I got the offer from US company zzz (based in Mumbai as well) for long term. And they applied for H1B transfer!!! I received the Receipt Notice & email from uscis.gov website saying the case has been approved as well for the same.
    Now I am not sure whether this will work out well or not; while having interview with US consulte in Mumbai. I heard that pay slips are as well required for the stamping, is that correct?
    I heard that if you have not travelled on your H1B prior then that visa is invalid.
    zzz company HR is saying that no need to worry, since this is valid transfer case and this is out of H1B 2008 quota; I will travel to US immediately once I get the Approval Notice probably by May or June.
    Would you please tell whether I need to goto US consulate for getting the fresh/transferred H1B or old H1B will work (but that is having "Cancelled without prejudices" stamp)?
    Please help me!!!!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X