Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travelling On H4 Without H1 Holder

Hi,

I have H1 stamped & my wife has got H4 but i am currently in UK and employer wants me to be here for sometime. My wife needs to appear for some exam in US. I have couple of queries and it would be great if some experienced guys can help me this

1. Can my wife travel on H4 without me. I have not gone to US since my H1 is stamped
    2. If she applies for B1/B2 will that invalidate her H4 visa and can we reapply H4 again.

Any help, advise in this regard is appreciated...

Thanks
    Harry

Hi,

waiting for some help from members or sombody who had gone through such situation..

Thanks,
    Harry

Comment

Hi Subramanya,
      Please help me with my query. I have asked consulate but haven't got any reply.

Cheers,
      Harry

Comment

Visa Issues

I have H1 stamped & my wife has got H4 but i am currently in UK and employer wants me to be here for sometime. My wife needs to appear for some exam in US. I have couple of queries and it would be great if some experienced guys can help me this

1. Can my wife travel on H4 without me. I have not gone to US since my H1 is stamped

---- Ideally NO. As it is necessary to show that the principal applicant (H1 Visa holder) is/has been to the US. The H1 holder may travel outside US at any time for business purposes/personal reasons etc

2. If she applies for B1/B2 will that invalidate her H4 visa and can we reapply H4 again.

---- Applying for B1/B2 does not invalidate the H4 provided appropriate and convicing reasons are given to the VO at the time of Visa interview

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X