X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subramanya and seniors please help - newbie to H1B Visa, a master's quota

Hi,

Please help me. Very urgent.

I am a newbie to H1B Visa. This is a master's quota and OPT related situation.

I completed my MS in USA in Dec 2006 and currently on OPT which started from Feb 2007.

I interviewed with a US Company and i am waiting on the job decision from this US Company which they said will be made next week.
    In the meantime because of the H1B cap and everything, i am applying for H1B through a indian/desi consultancy in Master's quota (I am paying for the H1B application).

If the US Company gives me an offer 7-10 days later and they apply for my H1B right away.

My doubts
    ---------
    1. Since indian/desi consultancy applied first, will the H1B petition by US Company be rejected automatically?

2. or Can i take US Company's offer and work for the US Company right away?

3. or Do i have to work for desi consultancy for 3 months or so and then move to the US Company if they are willing to wait for 3 months?

I know little bit about the H1B transfer process like submitting the last three months pay stubs etc., but my case is a little bit different i think.

What are my options here?
    Any Suggestions are welcome. Please Suggest.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Thanks
    Priyanka

H1 dilemma

Please help me. Very urgent.

I am a newbie to H1B Visa. This is a master's quota and OPT related situation.

[B]I completed my MS in USA in Dec 2006 and currently on OPT which started from Feb 2007.

I interviewed with a US Company and i am waiting on the job decision from this US Company which they said will be made next week.
    In the meantime because of the H1B cap and everything, i am applying for H1B through a indian/desi consultancy in Master's quota (I am paying for the H1B application).

If the US Company gives me an offer 7-10 days later and they apply for my H1B right away.

My doubts
    ---------
    1. Since indian/desi consultancy applied first, will the H1B petition by US Company be rejected automatically?

---- Thd H1B cap has already been reached. No more applications for H1 will be accepted by USCIS, irrespective of the company and its origin

---- How can you work with the company when you do not have a H1 with that company?

3. or Do i have to work for desi consultancy for 3 months or so and then move to the US Company if they are willing to wait for 3 months?

---- That is totally your decision if you want to transfer to a different company once you start working with one company and of course if this is the first H1B then the start date is only Oct. 1. You cannot start work before that

I know little bit about the H1B transfer process like submitting the last three months pay stubs etc., but my case is a little bit different i think.

---- There is absolutely no such rule and it is all a general feeling and a practice followed by many people. Your case is no different from so many others

Comment

Some of my doubts are not cleared yet

Thanks for prompt reply Subramanya. Some of my doubts are not cleared yet. Please advice.

My doubts
      ---------

---- Thd H1B cap has already been reached. No more applications for H1 will be accepted by USCIS, irrespective of the company and its origin

***Doesn't the Master's quota not come under the H1B Cap. The Master's quota "final receipt date" is not set yet, which means USCIS are still accepting applications.

---- How can you work with the company when you do not have a H1 with that company?

***I can work til next Feb 2008 on my OPT.

---- That is totally your decision if you want to transfer to a different company once you start working with one company and of course if this is the first H1B then the start date is only Oct. 1. You cannot start work before that

***I am on my OPT starting Feb 2007, so i can work for anybody til Feb 2008.

Thanks
      Priyanka

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X