H1B (unused) - cap exempt H1B - non cap exempt H1B...pls help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B (unused) - cap exempt H1B - non cap exempt H1B...pls help

I am currently on a cap exempt H1B and have an offer from an employer which is non cap exempt. I have a US Master's degree. Here's a brief history of my immigration profile followed by my question. While on OPT, I was with a consultancy firm who applied for my H1B which was subject to the annual cap. This H1B was valid from Feb'2005 to Aug'2006. However, I obtained an offer from a cap exempt employer and started working from Jan'2005 while on OPT and transitioned to an H1B in May'2005 after OPT expired. As I have an offer right now from non cap exempt employer, am I subjected to the H1B cap or not, as I was already subjected to cap once, even though this H1B was not used. Appreciate your feedback.

H1 issues

I am currently on a cap exempt H1B and have an offer from an employer which is non cap exempt. I have a US Master's degree. Here's a brief history of my immigration profile followed by my question. While on OPT, I was with a consultancy firm who applied for my H1B which was subject to the annual cap. This H1B was valid from Feb'2005 to Aug'2006. However, I obtained an offer from a cap exempt employer and started working from Jan'2005 while on OPT and transitioned to an H1B in May'2005 after OPT expired.

As I have an offer right now from non cap exempt employer, am I subjected to the H1B cap or not,

---- NO
    as I was already subjected to cap once, even though this H1B was not used.

---- NO. Your H1 may need to renewed if it has expired as you have already been couted in H1 cap

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X