Pls Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pls Help

I applied for my h1b last year and got it approved but didnt get it stamped.I didnt apply for my ssn at that time.Later on after one month my husband changed his employer and so I got H4 of his new company.I applied for ssn 8weeks back but they say my application is still pending as my status is seen as h4.

My question is there any way I can change my status to h1 and then reapply for ssn or will the immigration do it and give me my ssn.

Any answers will be appreciated...

Thanks in Advance

H1 issues

I applied for my h1b last year and got it approved but didnt get it stamped.I didnt apply for my ssn at that time.Later on after one month my husband changed his employer and so I got H4 of his new company.I applied for ssn 8weeks back but they say my application is still pending as my status is seen as h4.

My question is there any way I can change my status to h1 and then reapply for ssn or will the immigration do it and give me my ssn.

---- You have to be on H1 in order to be eligible for SSN. If you want to change to H1 from H4, apply for a change of status as you were on H1 status at an earlier point of time. The immigration department is not the department to grant SSN's and the SSN is only given by the Social Security Administration after verifying your status with teh documents and evidence presented by you

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X