Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 and B1 stamped - POE issue

Hi,

I have H1 and B1 both stamped on passport. B1 is 10 years M Entry and I stamped last month H1 on my passport.

Now yesterday i traveled on My b1 and land in DC while in Immi. IO ask me why you want to travel on b1 if you have valid H1 petition. they sent me to another cabin, they asked me in detail. I was there around 2 hrs.

After that IO called me and said you have to choose one visa only. either B1 or H1.

If you want to keep your B1 then go back and cancel you H1 and come back again. or if you want to keep your H1 then go back and come back on H1 and he has given me a 8 days stay on my B1.

Now I want to ask Seniors/Simran, Can i file my visa extension or should i go back within 8 days. Wll it be create problem for my H1 if i extend my stay on B1 and while later i'll come back on H1.

Please let me know, It is very very urgent otherwise i have to leave US within 8 Days.

Thanks,

LeoStar

Visa status

I have H1 and B1 both stamped on passport. B1 is 10 years M Entry and I stamped last month H1 on my passport.

Now yesterday i traveled on My b1 and land in DC while in Immi. IO ask me why you want to travel on b1 if you have valid H1 petition. they sent me to another cabin, they asked me in detail. I was there around 2 hrs.

After that IO called me and said you have to choose one visa only. either B1 or H1.

If you want to keep your B1 then go back and cancel you H1 and come back again. or if you want to keep your H1 then go back and come back on H1 and he has given me a 8 days stay on my B1.

Now I want to ask Seniors/Simran, Can i file my visa extension or should i go back within 8 days. Wll it be create problem for my H1 if i extend my stay on B1 and while later i'll come back on H1.

Please let me know, It is very very urgent otherwise i have to leave US within 8 Days.

---- You have complicated your own matter for whatever reasons best known to you. Now having entered US on B1, you have to go back within the stipulated period of 8 days. Any overstay will go against you. If you want to enter on H1 then declare your intentions clearly at the POE. Remember you cannot change your status from B1 to H1 while in the US and you have to follow what has been told to you at the POE. Try and understand your own situation and make better decisions about Visa matters

Subramanya

Comment

H1 transfer while in India

Hi,
      I had B1 visa valid for 10 years with Multiple Entry and got H1 B stamping in Jan-07 . This H1 B was sponsored by company X. I was still in India and did not came to USA to work with sponsor.

I would like to go with another company Y,as the present sponsor's terms and conditions are not acceptable to me.

Is it posible to transfer my valid H1 to another employer without working for current sponsor? If possible how long will take for transfer?
      What is the process that i need to do?

Originally posted by Subramanya

---- You have complicated your own matter for whatever reasons best known to you. Now having entered US on B1, you have to go back within the stipulated period of 8 days. Any overstay will go against you. If you want to enter on H1 then declare your intentions clearly at the POE. Remember you cannot change your status from B1 to H1 while in the US and you have to follow what has been told to you at the POE. Try and understand your own situation and make better decisions about Visa matters

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X