Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Visa Stamping in Chennai - queries

Hi All,

I got married in the month of January and my husband went to the US for the first time on his H1b in the month os March. Now he is been working there and I want to join him sometime in August. I have a few question and it will be great if I can have the answers for them.

1) I have my father's name as my Surname. Do I have to change it to my Husband's name? Will this create a problem during the visa interview though I have the marriage certificate with the same name as in passport?

2) I have only have 2- 2.5 months pay stubs with me and I will not have his tax returns and stuff. Will this again not create a problem? Will 2 months pay stubs be enough?

I will be carrying all the other documents. Pleae let me know if the above two questions will cause any problems.
    Thanks in advance

1) I have my father's name as my Surname. Do I have to change it to my Husband's name? Will this create a problem during the visa interview though I have the marriage certificate with the same name as in passport?

If you have plenty of time, it is better to include your husband's name in the passport. It will be useful forever.

2) I have only have 2- 2.5 months pay stubs with me and I will not have his tax returns and stuff. Will this again not create a problem? Will 2 months pay stubs be enough?

Since your husband came to US in the month of January, he will not be having the W2. So it is not required to show them the W2. Coming to pay stubs, they generally ask for the last 3 months pay stubs. If everything is fine they won't even ask for the pay stubs.. some times. This is just a luck

Comment

Thanks a lot!!

I don't mind changing my surname to my husband's name and I do have lots of time. But the problem here is that my name in the marriage certificate has my father's name as my surname. That is why I am confused. Should I change or not?

Now the name in my marriage certificate and my passport matches. But if i change the name, it will not match. Is that ok?
      I will be very grateful if you can answer my question.

Comment

hello divya

y dint u go with ur husband in march? there is no need of payslips if ur husband going for first time usa if u tried u might get it has many chances ................even now i am doing same thing my husband going for stamping in frankfurt in month june after that he is comming to india he is going to apply for me as h4 visa ...................as many of my friends got h4 visa as (dependent) with out payslips as my friend husband got first time h1b in 2006 as sooooon he got visa and applied for h4 visa for her wife and got it and they both went togethere to usa,...................

but i am not understanding y u did not applied for h4 visa ? if u were fear with payslips just reply meee ...........or if for anyother reason excuse
        bcoz i need the information if it was due to paystubs...............

Comment

clarification h4 visa

Hi,

Just wanted to clarify that in my passport and all other documents have maintained usha kumari but in my marriage certificate mention my title like usha singh. I am for visa interview in March so wondering Is any problem or they may ask question on this? Should I changed or ? Even my husband don't keep title he also maintain as per 10th only Ramesh Kumar only.
          I will appreciate if you clarify about this.
          Secondly wanted to know all the documents like H1 copy of my husband all we need to show photocopy or original copy. Because some places it was mention original or some places mention photocopy.
          -usha

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X