Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B transfer denied.. please help

Hi,

I moved from company A to company B, so Company B has applied for H1b transfer and it was denied a month back and the lawyer applied for something called PO (I don't know if it is called motion or some sort of challenge.. i don't know if this acronym used) which i heard is gonna move to Washington central office, which may take an year. I have a receipt notice (Not approval notice) of the H1B applied from company B.

The company A has already withdrawn my prev H1B.

so my question is 1) am i legal to work now

2) can i do a h1b transfer to a new company C with the receipt notice ( of the H1B denied) for filing a new H1B (when i say new H1, it is not counted in the H1B quota)

I would really appreciate if you can let me know if someone has faced this situation. I am really tensed about this. It would be of great help if there is someone.

Thank You
    Yogi

Hi
    what happened to your case
    can u pls update?

Comment

H1 transfer

[QUOTE=shivashiva]Hi,

I moved from company A to company B, so Company B has applied for H1b transfer and it was denied a month back and the lawyer applied for something called PO (I don't know if it is called motion or some sort of challenge.. i don't know if this acronym used) which i heard is gonna move to Washington central office, which may take an year. I have a receipt notice (Not approval notice) of the H1B applied from company B.

The company A has already withdrawn my prev H1B.

so my question is 1) am i legal to work now

---- NO, you are not legal to work now as you have no H1 status
      2) can i do a h1b transfer to a new company C with the receipt notice ( of the H1B denied) for filing a new H1B (when i say new H1, it is not counted in the H1B quota)

---- You can do a H1 trasnfer, but not with the receipt notice from company B. The transfer is possible only from A to C (even if the H1 with A is not valid)

---- The transfer has to be done quickly to avoid further questioning and other issues

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X