H4 Query - Subramanya and Seniors Please Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Query - Subramanya and Seniors Please Help

I got married in the month of January and my husband went to the US for the first time on his H1b in the month of March. He got his first project on April 1st and he has been working there since then. I want to join him sometime in August for which I have a few question and it will be great if I can have the answers for them.

1) I have my father's name as my Surname. Do I have to change it to my Husband's name? Will this create a problem during the visa interview though I have the marriage certificate with the same name as in passport?

2) I will have only have 2- 2.5 months pay stubs with me as he joined work only in April and I will not have his tax returns and stuff. Will this again not create a problem? Will 2-2.5 months pay stubs be enough?

I will be carrying all the other documents. Pleae let me know if the pay stubs and the name will cause any problems.
    Thanks in advance

H4 Visa

I got married in the month of January and my husband went to the US for the first time on his H1b in the month of March. He got his first project on April 1st and he has been working there since then. I want to join him sometime in August for which I have a few question and it will be great if I can have the answers for them.

1) I have my father's name as my Surname. Do I have to change it to my Husband's name? Will this create a problem during the visa interview though I have the marriage certificate with the same name as in passport?

---- If you have time on your hands, change the Passport with your married name and then go for the Visa interview. Although no problems or issues are created at the interview, it is only to be cautious

2) I will have only have 2- 2.5 months pay stubs with me as he joined work only in April and I will not have his tax returns and stuff. Will this again not create a problem? Will 2-2.5 months pay stubs be enough?

---- That does not matter since your husband has come to the US for the first time and only so many pay stubs will be generated

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X