Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 B transfer in India

Hey guys....

i got my H1 stamped frm Chennai consultancy in nov 2006.
    my current employee 'X' had sponsored for my H1 .
    now the problem is ,since the no of ppl in bench(onsite) has increased ,thy are refusing to send me to the US untill the bench count drops..however i have lost my patience and i want to go thr soon...
    my question is:
    1. can i transfer my H1B while i am in India???
    2.if yes how long does that process take???
    3.is thr any othr solution which wd help me in flying to the US asap ,legally of course !!!!

Depressed,
    Friend

Hey guys....

i got my H1 stamped frm Chennai consultancy in nov 2006.
    my current employee 'X' had sponsored for my H1 .
    now the problem is ,since the no of ppl in bench(onsite) has increased ,thy are refusing to send me to the US untill the bench count drops..however i have lost my patience and i want to go thr soon...
    my question is:
    1. can i transfer my H1B while i am in India???
    --no, you cant transfer H1 till you are in the US
    2.if yes how long does that process take???
    3.is thr any othr solution which wd help me in flying to the US asap ,legally of course !!!!
    -- asap - I am not sure...you could try for a L1/B1 from your current employer...but trying for another H1 is difficult considering that this year's quota for H1 is already filled, would be good to wait for the current employer to send you...not much help ....but that's how things are...

--shanx

Depressed,
    Friend

Comment

If your H1b is already stamped and you have your I-797, you can directly book your ticket and fly to the US. Try to find jobs on your own and inform your employer when you find a project.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X