Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 B 7th year Extension - Change employers

Hello Everyone

I am on my Seventh year of H1. My labor got approved recently and my employer is filling for my I-140. My seventh year H1 is valid until July22, 2008. I got a offer from a Multi national company to work in India for about 8 months. I would like to take the opportunity with the MultiNational Company.

1. If I take this opportunity, can my employer still keep my Green Card process active until I come back to U.S.A ?

2. My Visa stamping is until July 22, 2008. If I take the job offer from the Multinatinal company and go to India, during the 8 month period, I might be asked to go to U.S for a brief 2 month period. Can I come back to US on my previous companies Visa while working for the mulinational Company ?

I would really appreciate any advice in this matter.

Thanks
    Sri.

How did you get this offer - monster, naukri.. or personal contacts? Did the MNC interview you over the phone or in person? A lot of H1b folks are planning on taking up similar jobs in India with multi national companies. Please let us know your experiences. Congratulations on getting the job offer.

Comment

Originally posted by leifbooger
      How did you get this offer - monster, naukri.. or personal contacts? Did the MNC interview you over the phone or in person? A lot of H1b folks are planning on taking up similar jobs in India with multi national companies. Please let us know your experiences. Congratulations on getting the job offer.
      I got this through personal contacts. I would also recommend Job fair by silicon India magazine. They do it once in 3 months for people who are interested in going back.

Comment

Thanks. Where is this job fair held?

Comment

Originally posted by leifbooger
          Thanks. Where is this job fair held?
          go to siliconindia.com for details. I am still waiting for a response to my question :-)

Comment

Thanks. I've stopped caring about the green card process. I've decided to let my employer enjoy my green card if it ever comes. In the meanwhile, plan to join the new trillion $$ economy in India. Globalization rocks!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X