Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B and GC

Hi All, I have few quick queries.
    1) I work at a university which qualifies under the non-profit organization exemption for the H1 visa quota. I have worked here for a year and want to move on to a private organization. My question is, is the H1 visa that I have transferable or do I have to apply for H1 Visa again? Considering that the visa quota for this year is over, Do I have to wait until next year to find another job? Even if I wait until next year, How would I change jobs? As I understand it, I would have to be hired by April so the H1 can be filed, but I can't work until october because I will not have an H1 in hand, and I do not have any OPT period?

2) Do any of you know if, being in a university teaching position has any distinct advantage for getting the green card? I have 2 Masters, but no PhD. I have a few publications, posters and presentations (4-5 of each). And I can get some good recommendation letters from other universities (may be 2 other univs) and of course the people at my univ can provide up to 3 or 4 really good recommendations/letters of support. Will I be able to apply under NIW?

Thank you all for the information.
    Harish

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X