Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent Help needed

Dear Friends,

I started working on F-1/OPT in Oct of 2006 and my company sponsored me for H1B. But due to the critical situation this year I am not sure what is gonna happen, also I haven't yet heard from my attorney about the lottery draw result, now I am loosing hope in H1B and thinking of back-up plan.

My F1-OPT is valid until OCT 2007. I was trying to get some information on National Interest Waiver (NIW/EB2) green card process. I just have 5 and half months to get some kind of work authorization to continue working in the US. I was wondering if I-140 premium processing is possible in this category and can I apply for I-140 and EAD concurrently? Also, would appreciate your experience or information on how long does it take to abotain EAD. Any advice on this would be of great help.
    Thanks!
    Good Luck to all.

Niw

I started working on F-1/OPT in Oct of 2006 and my company sponsored me for H1B. But due to the critical situation this year I am not sure what is gonna happen, also I haven't yet heard from my attorney about the lottery draw result, now I am loosing hope in H1B and thinking of back-up plan.

My F1-OPT is valid until OCT 2007. I was trying to get some information on National Interest Waiver (NIW/EB2) green card process. I just have 5 and half months to get some kind of work authorization to continue working in the US. I was wondering if I-140 premium processing is possible in this category and can I apply for I-140 and EAD concurrently? Also, would appreciate your experience or information on how long does it take to abotain EAD. Any advice on this would be of great help.

---- You have to be in some status of working other than a F1 (student Visa) in order to apply for NIW. Moreover, NIW is mostly applied for EB1 category when you have exceptional qualifications/publications/ acheivements/accomplishments etc.

---- You can try for a J1 and then go on to H1 and then go for EB1 etc

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X