X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J1 to H1B - needed Mr.Subramanya's expertise

Hi,
    My first happy posting!

I am a teacher completing my stay in the US and J1 expires on July 15, 2007.

Meanwhile, I have won the lottery (first time in my life) and got my petition file number too, from the USCIS.

Is there a way to continue my stay by any extension, so that I could do justice to my teaching from the new academic year, which begins in mid of August, instead of entering in October 2007 when the H1B comes into effect?

I would appreciate any one's or some one's expertise on this matter.

Regards.

H1 start date

My first happy posting!

I am a teacher completing my stay in the US and J1 expires on July 15, 2007.

Meanwhile, I have won the lottery (first time in my life) and got my petition file number too, from the USCIS.

Is there a way to continue my stay by any extension, so that I could do justice to my teaching from the new academic year, which begins in mid of August, instead of entering in October 2007 when the H1B comes into effect?

I would appreciate any one's or some one's expertise on this matter.

---- You have to apply for the extension of J1 to continue staying from July 15 to Oct. 01 (this can be done by applying for a 6 month extension and then when H1 starts, you can quit by informing the USCIS

---- However, confirm this with and immigration attorney before making further decisions

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X