X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subramanya
    replied
    H1 transfer

I am currently in US in H4. I came here in Sept 2006. I had applied for H1b in April 2006 while I was in India. Since I was in India when I filed for H1b, my approval notice says I need to get h1b visa stamping from chennai . I was told I cannot start working in US now unless I go to India and get H1b stamped. So i planned to go to India to get H1b stamped from the US consulate in chennai. But my employer wants me to keep postponing my trip to get stamping bcos he seems to have some internal issues. I have waited for a long time. I want to know if it is possible for me to get my H1b approval transferred to another employer who is willing to transfer it. Since got my approval already in 2006, I understand I m already counted in that years cap. Since I have been in H4 and have not got H1b stamped yet, I have never been in H1b status and dont have a single pay-slip.

1) Is it possible for me to get my H1b transferred to another employer.

---- Yes, it is possible to get a H1 transfer with another employer

2)If yes, will I get it as a status change from my current h4 to h1b or will it still require me to go to India and get a stamping?

---- Unless you apply for a status change from H4 to H1, it does not happen automatically

---- Normally when you apply for status change it comes with an attached I-94. However, it may not happen everytime in which case you have to go overseas, seek an interview for H1 Visa with the US Consulate, get the Visa stamped and then return to the US

Subramanya

Leave a comment:

• Reenajaya
    started a topic H1b transfer

H1b transfer

Hi,

I am currently in US in H4. I came here in Sept 2006. I had applied for H1b in April 2006 while I was in India. Since I was in India when I filed for H1b, my approval notice says I need to get h1b visa stamping from chennai . I was told I cannot start working in US now unless I go to India and get H1b stamped. So i planned to go to India to get H1b stamped from the US consulate in chennai. But my employer wants me to keep postponing my trip to get stamping bcos he seems to have some internal issues. I have waited for a long time. I want to know if it is possible for me to get my H1b approval transferred to another employer who is willing to transfer it. Since got my approval already in 2006, I understand I m already counted in that years cap. Since I have been in H4 and have not got H1b stamped yet, I have never been in H1b status and dont have a single pay-slip.
    1) Is it possible for me to get my H1b transferred to another employer.
    2)If yes, will I get it as a status change from my current h4 to h1b or will it still require me to go to India and get a stamping?

Thanks,
    Reena

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X