Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1-B visa - Travel back home

Hi all,

I am on H1B and have my visa stamped for Company A but then Company A filed for Bankruptcy and now I am working for company B and have not gone home up until now. The visa from Company A is valid until Feb2008 and I plan to go home this year.

Do I have to go for an interview since I changed companies? or since my visa is valid I can go but have all necessary papers so that I can re-enter?

I am getting mixed responses, please help.

Thanks again

Hi

If you have an approved H1-B petition filed by company B, then you can travel outside the US, but you need to get a new visa stamping (with Company B as your employer) before you re-enter the US again.

There have been incidences, where the some of the old employers inform the USCIS to cancel the H1-B approval of their employees, who resign the job.

Comment

This is little bit of grey area. btw I am also in same boat.

What everyone says is

- As long as you are in US, naturally it is not an issue.
      - If your previous employer cancels your visa you MUST have to stamp a new one before you enter back.
      - If you go outside US with a valid visa from your previous employer, new visa to be stamped or not , no one knows the correct answer.
      - legally it is possible to enter US with a valid H1B visa with any employer , along with your current employer's approval notice and pay stubs.

Please correct me If I am wrong and any of you had any different experiences.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X