Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After H1B Transfer (Travelling Canada & India)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mickey_mouse
    replied
    Originally posted by dem
    Hello Everyone,

I changed my employer 6 months back and having all H1B Transfered documents (Approvals, Receipt Notice, Pay stuffs). And also having a valid visa till next year stamped with my old employer.

Now i want to travel to Canada for a visiting purpose and also planning to visit to India by another three months. My questions are here ..

1) Since not restamped yet, but having valid visa, is there any problem while reentering to USA after my visit in canada?

2) Is that must to go Stamping in India during my visit there, since having a valid visa till next year?

Please shed some light on this.

Thanks
    dem
    If you have all the documents in hand, including the I797 - why don't you apply for the new visa at the US embassy in Canada and save yourself some troubles?

The truth is: if you don't work anymore for the original company, the validity of the visa is in question. A DHS agent in any port of entry will surely ask you if you're still working for that company - if you answer YES, you would be lying to an officer of law. Bad move.

As said: do yourself a favor, apply for the new visa while visiting CAN. The deal is simple: there are rules, regulations and laws. Stick to them, you'll be all right.

Leave a comment:

• dem
    started a topic After H1B Transfer (Travelling Canada & India)

After H1B Transfer (Travelling Canada & India)

Hello Everyone,

I changed my employer 6 months back and having all H1B Transfered documents (Approvals, Receipt Notice, Pay stuffs). And also having a valid visa till next year stamped with my old employer.

Now i want to travel to Canada for a visiting purpose and also planning to visit to India by another three months. My questions are here ..

1) Since not restamped yet, but having valid visa, is there any problem while reentering to USA after my visit in canada?

2) Is that must to go Stamping in India during my visit there, since having a valid visa till next year?

Please shed some light on this.

Thanks
    dem

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X