H1B stamping + wife's H4 visa interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B stamping + wife's H4 visa interview

Thanks for the great work in this forum.

I have a H1B approved in 2006, and am planning to go to India in Oct 2007 to have it stamped. But the primary reason for my trip is my wedding. My question is - Can I also bring my wife along for her H4 visa interview in the same appointment ? Or is there any clause in H4 visa requirements stating that she would be eligible for H4 only if I am an existing H1B holder?

Thanks
    Anand

Originally posted by shekaranand
    Thanks for the great work in this forum.

I have a H1B approved in 2006, and am planning to go to India in Oct 2007 to have it stamped. But the primary reason for my trip is my wedding. My question is - Can I also bring my wife along for her H4 visa interview in the same appointment ? Or is there any clause in H4 visa requirements stating that she would be eligible for H4 only if I am an existing H1B holder?

Thanks
    Anand
    Well, let's rephrase it. Imagine you're in India now, married, and have never ever had an H1B visa. When would your wife apply if not on the same interview where you're supposed to get your H1B ?

So the short answer is: bring her along to your interview. VO like to see all family members together - allows them to gauge what is really going on. Don't forget to bring proof of marriage.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X