H1B 2008 - waiting for approval

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B 2008 - waiting for approval

Hello - need help. Could any one please let me know what is the next step once you are thru with the lottery thing.I have a tracking number,does that mean am waiting for my VISA intw? i have received a mail from my employer saying they are waiting for my petition approval - wat does this mean?
    any help on this please???

Hi Madhu

Congrats for getting selected in Lottery. The process goes like this.

1) Once you get a reciept for your H1B - LIN or WAC then you have to wait for your case to be approved.

2) Once approved you would be issued I797, I129 and labor documents.

3) After getting those documents from your employer, you book visa interview thru the consulate that applies to your region.

4) You get your visa stamped thru consulate and fly to US and start your work.

You can check the status of your case by entering the tracking no in the link given below. Look for help with on the right hand bottom corner of the page and enter your LIN or WAC no.

http://www.immihelp.com/timings/tracking.jsp

Good luck

Jose

Comment

H1B2008 help

Thx much Jose.

It seems a loooong process...so would this approximately take atleast 4 months??

Comment

Hi Dude.........LIN????

[size="2"]Hi frnd,

What is this LIN???

Can U pl throw some light on the same...

Ur reply will be informative to many ppl like me and it will be appriciated.

thnks in advance.

Warm rgds
        preetam

Comment

Spouse Visa

Hi - Could anyone please let me know what is the procedure to get a spouse VISA(i think its dependent). Also the approximate wait period and the cost involved. Any help on this would be of great help. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
          Madhu

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X