Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Transfer in process and need to travel to india

Hi Guys,

I am in a bit of confusion mood......so please share your inputs.

I came here on H4 (Visa stamped in PP), then changed the status of F1 (no stamping on PP). After completing the Masters, Company A sponsered H1-B visa (no stamping on PP). Recently, I got laid off from company A and I found a Company B and they are in process of H1 transfer and I have not received the receipt yet. I explained my travel plans with company A and asked them not to cancel H1-B until I return back to US. The Company A provided all the necessary docs for labor certification.

My questions are:

1. Can I go to India and get the VISA stamped for Company A and return to US?. What are the chances of getting rejected or deported back at the POE?.

2. During H1 Transfer, will they update the transfer from my Company A to Company B. Will this be available to the people at the US consulate?.

Please help me find the answer.

Thanks,

H1 issues

I am in a bit of confusion mood......so please share your inputs.

I came here on H4 (Visa stamped in PP), then changed the status of F1 (no stamping on PP). After completing the Masters, Company A sponsered H1-B visa (no stamping on PP). Recently, I got laid off from company A and I found a Company B and they are in process of H1 transfer and I have not received the receipt yet. I explained my travel plans with company A and asked them not to cancel H1-B until I return back to US. The Company A provided all the necessary docs for labor certification.

My questions are:

1. Can I go to India and get the VISA stamped for Company A and return to US?. What are the chances of getting rejected or deported back at the POE?.

---- What is the time period left with company A? Is a Visa worth the expense and time. These questions you'll have to ask yourself. There is nothing called rejection at the POE

2. During H1 Transfer, will they update the transfer from my Company A to Company B. Will this be available to the people at the US consulate?.

---- It may be possible for USCIS to update the status on your case by posting details like if you have applied for a transfer of H1, extension of H1 etc. and yes these details are available to view for any officer of the US Consulate reviewing your application.

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X