Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can EAC number help to setup interview at US embassY?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can EAC number help to setup interview at US embassY?

Hi All,

Recently I got EAC number from my employer. I know that my case is recieved and pending having it is a regular processing. Now I have a simple query to you all that can I setup an interview date at the Bangladeshi US embassy? My employer informed me that it is possible in India.

So far so good, I need to wait 2-3 months more to see when INS approves my case. Then I will get all the required papers for the visa from my employer.

So is it possible to setup interview date with the given EAC number?

regards,
    Shantaputi.

Originally posted by shantaputi
    Hi All,

Recently I got EAC number from my employer. I know that my case is recieved and pending having it is a regular processing. Now I have a simple query to you all that can I setup an interview date at the Bangladeshi US embassy? My employer informed me that it is possible in India.

So far so good, I need to wait 2-3 months more to see when INS approves my case. Then I will get all the required papers for the visa from my employer.

regards,
    Shantaputi.
    Set up an interview for what, exactly? talk about global warming? Who's gonna win the SuperBowl this year?

You have a RECEIPT number for a PENDING case. The consular office has no clue *at all* if the DHS/INS is finally going to accept your visa application or not.

So again: what would be the topic of the interview? Because you're not going to get a visa without the original I797 in your hands - and even then !

Comment

Visa appointment

---- Yes it is possible to set up the appointment for a Visa interview. However, at the time of interview you should have an approval notice with you without which you cannot be interviewed or in fact there is no interview at all.

Subramanya

Comment

Originally posted by mickey_mouse
        Set up an interview for what, exactly? talk about global warming? Who's gonna win the SuperBowl this year?

You have a RECEIPT number for a PENDING case. The consular office has no clue *at all* if the DHS/INS is finally going to accept your visa application or not.

So again: what would be the topic of the interview? Because you're not going to get a visa without the original I797 in your hands - and even then !
        Thanks for the information. I am sorry, I just meant to setup an interview date not the interview.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X