No announcement yet.

Reg Re stamping (Subramanya pls reply)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reg Re stamping (Subramanya pls reply)

Hi,

I came to US last september with employer A and had been working since october with that employer till mid of may and from then started working for employer B.

My H1 transfer is under way and i got my receipt number also.
    I am planning to go to India in August and i am really confused as to should i be going to consulate again to get my visa stamping or can i come to US based on my prev visa and the new H1 transfer approval.

My current H1 with the prev employer is valid till Sep-2009, my new employer is suggesting that i can come to US with my prev visa and new approval papers as my visa is valid till Sep-2009, but i had seen in some forums that i need to get my visa restamped.

Seniors pls suggest me as i am really confused as to what to do. If i need to get my visa stamped as per the law can you pls suggest if i can do that going to Canada before i go to India.

Thanks in anticipation.
    Last edited by priya1234; 06-03-2007, 06:26 PM.

H1 Visa issues

I came to US last september with employer A and had been working since october with that employer till mid of may and from then started working for employer B.

My H1 transfer is under way and i got my receipt number also.
    I am planning to go to India in August and i am really confused as to should i be going to consulate again to get my visa stamping or can i come to US based on my prev visa and the new H1 transfer approval.

My current H1 with the prev employer is valid till Sep-2009, my new employer is suggesting that i can come to US with my prev visa and new approval papers as my visa is valid till Sep-2009, but i had seen in some forums that i need to get my visa restamped.

Seniors pls suggest me as i am really confused as to what to do. If i need to get my visa stamped as per the law can you pls suggest if i can do that going to Canada before i go to India.

---- Yes, you can come to US based on the H1 Visa from a previous employer provided it is valid and unexpired at the time of entry to the US. At the POE show your latest H1 approval notice from the new employer to ensure that you get a I-94 till the end date of this H1

Subramanya

Comment

Thank you

Thank you Subramanya for your quick response, In the response you mentioned that provided that the visa should be valid, can you pls let me know what that exactly valid means in this context.

Comment

Visa validity

In the response you mentioned that provided that the visa should be valid, can you pls let me know what that exactly valid means in this context.

---- If you enter the US on July 1, the Visa should state that it is valid until July 1 or later

Subramanya

Comment

In fact if you try to get a new stamp consulate would refuse as long as the dates on the current visa show that it is still valid.

The visa stamp belongs to you not the employer. As long as you have the approved I-797 and a job waiting for you corresponding to that I-797 you are fine.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X