Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 visa

Dear experts,

I am on a H4 visa sponsored by my wife.I am in very desperate situation where i developed a difference of opinion with her which forced me to live separately.
    1)I would like to know whether my wife can cancel my H4 visa before expiry without my approval
    2) Does she need a divorce decree to file for cancellation
    3) If yes what kind of free help can i seek since i am unemployed and has no financial income.
    4) can she cancel my health insurance and Auto insurance.

Please help

Thanks

Drdent

Originally posted by drdent
    Dear experts,

I am on a H4 visa sponsored by my wife.I am in very desperate situation where i developed a difference of opinion with her which forced me to live separately.
    1)I would like to know whether my wife can cancel my H4 visa before expiry without my approval
    2) Does she need a divorce decree to file for cancellation
    3) If yes what kind of free help can i seek since i am unemployed and has no financial income.
    4) can she cancel my health insurance and Auto insurance.

Please help

Thanks

Drdent
    1) Hm. Interesting question. If, for all intent and purposes, you aren't living with her and there's the possibility of her filing for divorce, yeah, your H4 will probably be cancelled. You can stay on H4 - but would be out of status and subject to deportation

3) Try to find somebody doing pro-bono immigration work. Check the web

4) Of course she can - both.

Comment

Hi Mickey

Thankyou very much for your quick response.

Some more clarifications

I would like to more clarifications...do you mean she cannot cancel my H4 until there is a legal divorce.

Thanks

Drdent

Originally posted by mickey_mouse
      1) Hm. Interesting question. If, for all intent and purposes, you aren't living with her and there's the possibility of her filing for divorce, yeah, your H4 will probably be cancelled. You can stay on H4 - but would be out of status and subject to deportation

3) Try to find somebody doing pro-bono immigration work. Check the web

4) Of course she can - both.

Comment

Originally posted by drdent
        Hi Mickey

Thankyou very much for your quick response.

Some more clarifications

I would like to more clarifications...do you mean she cannot cancel my H4 until there is a legal divorce.

Thanks

Drdent
        DISCLAIMER: you're getting exactly what you're paying for - free advice is as good as it can be. Keep that in mind.

You DO have a leg to stand on. If she hasn't filed for divorce yet, you can always argue it is a temporary separation with the final goal of keep married. And it might even be true for all we know.

But even if you stay in the US in H4, you don't have a SS#, and your visa doesn't allow you to work - won't be able to obtain a credit card, can run into issues when trying to renew your driver's license, can't work. So it is going to be VERY complicated for you to stay legally.

Buy a dozen roses and some chocolates and try to make it up to her
        Last edited by mickey_mouse; 06-11-2007, 02:52 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X