Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

to apply for an H1B visa is it mandatory to have high level study?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• to apply for an H1B visa is it mandatory to have high level study?

Hi

I'm French citizen, non official translator and interpreter and unfortunately I don't have a high school level.

I leaved school before college.

In the other hand I speak fluently 4 languages.
    English, French, Spanish and Portuguese.

If I find an US employer who agree to hire me for a couple of years and fill up a H1B contract, it will be accept by the American authorities ?

Thanks for your reply

Stephane

Originally posted by Stephanem
    Hi

I'm French citizen, non official translator and interpreter and unfortunately I don't have a high school level.

I leaved school before college.

In the other hand I speak fluently 4 languages.
    English, French, Spanish and Portuguese.

If I find an US employer who agree to hire me for a couple of years and fill up a H1B contract, it will be accept by the American authorities ?

Thanks for your reply

Stephane
    H1B implies a bachelor degree - at least. In lieu of that, an LCA can be filed by your prospective employer. If you can demonstrate 12+ years of working as a translator and you can DOCUMENT it, you might get the equivalent of a bachelor's degree and would hence qualify for an H1B visa.

If not, no H1B visa for you. Sorry

Comment

Hi Mickey

Thanks again for your help.

I always worked as free lancer and it will be impossible to proof with documents that I have 12 years experience in translation.

In my case what kind of visa, I can apply to carry out my goal of living in the United States for a couple of years in order to get an American experience, and to improve my American English ?

For instance, a multilingual guy of 40 years old without college level can apply for an American student visa ?

Comment

You need to keep in mind that H1 visas are for certain types of workers...specialized skill.
        Please check whether your profession comes under this before making any plans or decision.
        Note that this is not a legal advice. Consult your immigration attorney for the best upto-date information.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephanem
          Hi Mickey

Thanks again for your help.

I always worked as free lancer and it will be impossible to proof with documents that I have 12 years experience in translation.

In my case what kind of visa, I can apply to carry out my goal of living in the United States for a couple of years in order to get an American experience, and to improve my American English ?

For instance, a multilingual guy of 40 years old without college level can apply for an American student visa ?
          The sad truth is that, without said bachelor degree and a sponsoring employer, you're kind of out of luck here. Here are the visas that would fit your requirements:

but I don't think you qualify for any of them.

Honestly speaking, the only chance I see for you is to meet and marry a nice US citizen, and applying for permanent residency

Jokes aside, even if you DID find such a lovely american girl and you would like to marry her, there's always the chance of your application being denied - because there's the assumption that was your intention all along (enter as tourist, marry, apply for adjustment of status based on marriage)

Sorry, honestly. Things in Europe are way easier.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X