Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H4 interview - Spouse name updated in passport is mandatory?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 interview - Spouse name updated in passport is mandatory?

I am planning to bring my wife to US immediately after marriage on H4 visa.

Is it mandatory to get the the passport updated with spouse name before she appear for the H4 interview?
    Or marriage certificate, marriage invitation and marriage photos with other documents will be enough?

Pls advise. Thanks in advance

Originally posted by Sreedhar123
    Is it mandatory to get the the passport updated with spouse name before she appear for the H4 interview?
    Not really - but for some reasons, indians are subject to a lot more strict checks than other nationals.

Originally posted by Sreedhar123
    Or marriage certificate, marriage invitation and marriage photos with other documents will be enough?
    In many other countries, just the marriage certificate (with the same name that her passport has been issued to) should be enough.

But again: indians usually have it harder. Is it too complex for your wife to apply for a new passport? Does it take too long? Why not to do it?

Comment

Thanks for your response.

I dont think it take too long. Interview date is very close to my marriage date .One day it might take at passport office to update both of our passports with spouse names. So i was wondering whether its mandatory and whether that can be a criterion for rejection.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X