Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 to H4

Hi,

Myself and my hubby both of us had applied for H1B visa and it got approved for us in the month of May, 2007. I would lile to know the possibility of having having H1 approved and going to US by H4. Is it allowed and possible. As I have just born kid, I want to stay at home for sometime and then continue to work in US with my H1b.

I am planning to go by H4 as my husband's dependant. With the approved H1B (current status), will there be any problem if i apply for H4. Once I go to US, shall I change my status from H4 to H1? What are the possiblities i would like to know. Please help me.

In your case, its a better idea to convert to H4 now since you have a new born to take care of (on an H1b, you may need to travel and stay away from your husband). you can always convert back to H1 later. As of now, you need to fill out form I-539 Application To Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status to convert the H1 to H4. Then go for the H4 stamping along with your husbands H1.

Comment

since you never had H1 you dont need to file for change of status.

Just go to the consulate with your husband he can get H1 and u H4 all at the same time.

Just a word of caution .. to switch back to h1 you will need to file COS or exit USA and get H1 stamped .

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X