Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B visa renewal-Urgent

Hello experts
    I am currently working US on H1B and i have a question regarding renewal of H1B visa of mine and stamping of H4 visa for my wife. My current I 797 and H1B visa expires on Sep 30 2007 , and i have filed for a I 797 renewal with the same employer and would have the approved renewal petition by August 1st week and will have it in hand during my India visit on Sep 10th.
    1. I would like to know if i am eligible to renew my visa in Mumbai (my passport issuance post is Chennai and my wife's passport is from Mumbai) during my stay because my current visa on passport is Still valid till Sep 30th 2007 I am leaving back to US(SFO) on sep 25th and will reach US on sep 26th evening.
    2 . If not , can i come back to US with the renewed I 797 (Oct 2007 - Oct 2010) but current visa till sep 30 and show it to the Port Of Entry Officer. Would that be fine or is there a risk involved ?
    I have an advanced degree from US univ and was F1-H1 in 2004 and got 1st H1B stamp in canada.

Thanks

H1B renewal

I am currently working US on H1B and i have a question regarding renewal of H1B visa of mine and stamping of H4 visa for my wife. My current I 797 and H1B visa expires on Sep 30 2007 , and i have filed for a I 797 renewal with the same employer and would have the approved renewal petition by August 1st week and will have it in hand during my India visit on Sep 10th.

1. I would like to know if i am eligible to renew my visa in Mumbai (my passport issuance post is Chennai and my wife's passport is from Mumbai) during my stay because my current visa on passport is Still valid till Sep 30th 2007 I am leaving back to US(SFO) on sep 25th and will reach US on sep 26th evening.

---- Yes, you can get your Visa renewed at Mumbai or any other US Consulate in India. This is because you are returning from US and that makes you eligible for you to seek an interview at any US Consulate. However, your return to US will depend on the issuance of the Visa, assuming that ther are no queries and hope everything goes smoothly

2 . If not , can i come back to US with the renewed I 797 (Oct 2007 - Oct 2010) but current visa till sep 30 and show it to the Port Of Entry Officer. Would that be fine or is there a risk involved ?

---- Once you appear for the Visa interview for renewal, your previous Visa may or may not be cancelled (depending on the VO who reviews your application). The new Visa will most probably be from the date of your new petition, thus retaining the old Visa for those few days

I have an advanced degree from US univ and was F1-H1 in 2004 and got 1st H1B stamp in canada.

---- Matters as they appear for you seem to be OK and hope you are successful. Be confident, attend the interview and return back to US successfully and safely

Subramanya

Comment

If i dont go for the visa in india , can i come back to US with the renewed I 797 (Oct 2007 - Oct 2010) but current visa(same eomployer in visa and I 797) till sep 30 and show it to the Port Of Entry Officer. Is it ok to take this route ??

Comment

it is safe to take this route and you will get I-94 up to the new date if you show the new approval. Check carefully... make sure the date is right before you leave the counter.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X