H1 or green card, sugessions pls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 or green card, sugessions pls

I am in H4 and applied for H1, and my H1 is being processed and there is a $1000 due to be given to my consultancy.. but the thing is I heard one of my friend saying that if we apply for green card ,we get the work permit within 6 months. So do I pay $1000 to H1 consultancy and also apply for Green card or should I cancel my H1 and apply for Green card.

Why are you paying for your H1? The consultancy should do it not you...your working and thats good enough for him. Stay away from these people if he is asking you to pay, these guys play around and dont file also sometimes. This was my experience and never give a single penny nor any of your documents. Green card comes only after your H1, he cant be asking you money for green card at this point. That doesnt make sense.For green card we have to pay be it a consultancy or even any other organization.But do not pay 1000$ at all for the H1.He should do that for you.That is never the norm and these consultancy companies are frauds big time.
    Note that this is not a legal advice. Consult your immigration attorney for the best upto-date information.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X