Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 transfer while dependent are in India Subramanya Pls Help

Hi,
    I have posted this query earlier also. But I am confused. Please help me.

Situation is:

My husband has applied for H1 transfer within one month of arrival to Usa as old employer was not able to get him a project.His case is in California service center he has not got the receipt notice till now. Receiving date is May 1, 2007.

We know the Receipt number and tracked the case. It is showing "Case received and pending".

Me and my son are in India. Can we travel on H4 from previous employer(already stamped)? we are travelling for the first time .

If i travel on old H4, will immigration people ask abt pay stubs?
    He does not have any paystubs from previous employer.

Do I need to carry some docs, If yes what are those?

should i disclose the H1 transfer?

Pls help, its very urgent.....

Subramanya Please help

H4 issues

My husband has applied for H1 transfer within one month of arrival to Usa as old employer was not able to get him a project.His case is in California service center he has not got the receipt notice till now. Receiving date is May 1, 2007.

We know the Receipt number and tracked the case. It is showing "Case received and pending".

Me and my son are in India. Can we travel on H4 from previous employer(already stamped)? we are travelling for the first time .

---- Yes

If i travel on old H4, will immigration people ask abt pay stubs?
    He does not have any paystubs from previous employer.

---- At the POE they do not ask for the pay stubs

Do I need to carry some docs, If yes what are those?

---- Carry a copy of the H1 approval notice

should i disclose the H1 transfer?

---- There is no need to talk about this

Subramanya

Comment

Thanx Subramanya for your help.
      I really appreciate.

Regards
      Harry

Comment

Do I need notarize copy of approval or simple xerox will suffice?

Comment

H4 issues

Do I need notarize copy of approval or simple xerox will suffice?

----NO need to notarize, as that is only a psychological satisfaction and nothing more

Subramanya

Comment

Hi,
            One more confusion pls clarify.

If 0.1 % old employer applies for cancellation of my husband's H1 visa while transfer is in process ,can I travel on old H4 visa then?

I have tracked the status of old H1 receipt number. It is showing the same status as approved. If cancellation of this old visa is in process does status at USCIS website changes?

How will we come to know that H1 cancellation is in process?

Does POE knows about status of H1? whether cancelled or in good condition?

I am worried, i have also booked the tickets. Pls help.

Comment

H1 and H4 issues

One more confusion pls clarify.

If 0.1 % old employer applies for cancellation of my husband's H1 visa while transfer is in process ,can I travel on old H4 visa then?

I have tracked the status of old H1 receipt number. It is showing the same status as approved. If cancellation of this old visa is in process does status at USCIS website changes?

How will we come to know that H1 cancellation is in process?

---- You may or may not know such things as the site may not update for such issues

Does POE knows about status of H1? whether cancelled or in good condition?

---- Yes, it is possible, but you should be able to travel on your H4, provided that there is not much of a time lapse between cancellation of H1 and transfer of H1. You can upgrade the H1 transfer by going in for premium processing

Subramanya

Comment

Hi Subramanya,
                Again I am in trouble.
                My husband's employer is saying that he has got RFE from INS regarding my husband's transfer case on 6th july. We have tracked the status but it is still the same, Case Receiving and pending.
                Even the last updated date is not changed to 6th july???

So, my question stands the same. I have already booked the tkts. So can i travel on scheduled dates

Pls help.

Regards
                Harry

Comment

Hi,
                  I reached USA safely. At POE , officer didnt ask any question. All went well.
                  Thanx for ur help Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X