Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question on my H1B situation (laid-off) .. please help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on my H1B situation (laid-off) .. please help.

Hi all,
    I need help with my current situation. My 7th-year H1B was approved in May 2007 and expires in May 2008. I am getting laid-off on July 6 and my GC application has been withdrawn by my current employer. I am planning to either transfer my H1B to a new employer or obtain a student visa. How much time do I have before I become out of status?

Thanks,
    Last edited by bds; 07-03-2007, 07:28 PM.

H1 issues

I need help with my current situation. My 7th-year H1B was approved in May 2007 and expires in May 2008. I am getting laid-off on July 6 and my GC application has been withdrawn by my current employer. I am planning to either transfer my H1B to a new employer or obtain a student visa. How much time do I have before I become out of status?

---- The moment you are laid off you are out of status. All you have to do is pack your bags and leave the country within 10 days. These 10 days grace period is not mandatory or stipulated but given out of consideration.

---- The only saving issue is to apply for a transfer at the earliest and hope for the best. Act fast

Subramanya

Comment

Thanks Subramanya .. that is what my lawyer told me too.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X