Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Query related to 221(g)

Dear All,

I need clarification help from you.Here is my case...

(1) I attended my H1-B interview last year ,Dec 26,2006.There I got form 221(g) and I was told that Adminstrative Prossecing is required.
    (2) Then within 1 week they sent me a mail asking all the details about my Educational and Professional background.I provided the details through email.
    (3) Then within 3 months,they informed me that my Adminstrative Prossecing is over and they asked me to send (1) newly filled form DS 156 & DS197,(2) Hard copy of the email which they sent to me and (3) my Passport.All these through VFS.

Now the problem is that currently I am working in Singapore so I can not send my passport to chennai in any case.
    I have few queries as follows...
    Q1.Are they asking my passport for stemping or there may be some more administrative proceesing after I submit fresh DS156 and DS197 as asked by them?

Q2. Suppose if I go chennai for 1 or 2 days then will they return my passport in 1 or 2 days?

Q3.Can you guys tell me if i can approach Singapore US Embessy for help?

Thanks and regards

Tanaka Singh

Originally posted by CapriCapri2006
    Dear All,

I need clarification help from you.Here is my case...

(1) I attended my H1-B interview last year ,Dec 26,2006.There I got form 221(g) and I was told that Adminstrative Prossecing is required.
    (2) Then within 1 week they sent me a mail asking all the details about my Educational and Professional background.I provided the details through email.
    (3) Then within 3 months,they informed me that my Adminstrative Prossecing is over and they asked me to send (1) newly filled form DS 156 & DS197,(2) Hard copy of the email which they sent to me and (3) my Passport.All these through VFS.

Now the problem is that currently I am working in Singapore so I can not send my passport to chennai in any case.
    I have few queries as follows...
    Q1.Are they asking my passport for stemping or there may be some more administrative proceesing after I submit fresh DS156 and DS197 as asked by them?

Q2. Suppose if I go chennai for 1 or 2 days then will they return my passport in 1 or 2 days?

Q3.Can you guys tell me if i can approach Singapore US Embessy for help?

Thanks and regards

Tanaka Singh
    They are requesting your passport for visa stamping.

Comment

RE:Query related to 221(g)

Hi Parakash,

Thanks for your reply.

Still,I have doubts like
      (1) I go chennai for stamping then will they return my passport on the same day or next day?
      (2) For doing so,do I need an appointment ?
      (3) If Yes then how to take appointment?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards
      TANAKA SINGH

Comment

Hi capri,

If you have to submit the Passport by VFS, you may have to make arrangement to stay for atleast 5 days in chennai to get your Passport back.

Comment

At the same time check the vfs site. it is possible to pick up the passport same/next day from their authorized centers.

Comment

Capri.

Capri , don't take much risk, Just come India and attend Consulate. You can collect your passport on the same day from VFS counters.

Regards,
            [email protected];

Comment

Mostly if you attend the interview and successfuly getting the stamping they will send the passport to your home address. Normally the next day you will receive it. I am not sure whether you can receive it at the vfs counter.

Comment

RE:Query related to 221(g)

Dear All,

Thanks a lot for all your suggestions.

I also want the stamping ASAP.

But,as I told you,I am in Singapore and I really am worried what will happen if I come to India for stamping and taking 5 days leaves assuming that in five days they will return my Passport to me,but suppose they do not return my passport in 5 days then it will be hell like situation for me because in that case I will not be able to fly back to Singapore to join my current job.

Will they consider my request to return my passport immediately (same day/Next day or 5 days) if I show them my return ticket to Singapore?

Not able to decide anything as of now.

I request you friends to help me out with exact/correct information you have.

Thanks and Regards

Tanaka Singh

Comment

ask advises on what to do

Good day! My cousin plans to work in the US but her problem was, her passport has a marking of deportation from Korea. Could she still use her passport in applying? Or what will she have to do? Please enlighten us with this matter.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X