Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L2 to H4 Visa

Hi guys,

My wife has gone to the US Consulate Chennai for L2 to H4 Visa(I am from L1 to H1 and I do not have the H1 Visa) and she successfully got the Visa. Now we have 2 issues with the H4 Visa Stamp on the passport.

1) They had missed one letter in my fist name 'N' on the H4 stamp. My name should be printed as VENKATA, where as they had printed as
    VEKATA. Now the question is, will it cause any trouble if we do not correct it??? was any body in similar situation earlier? please
    suggest???

2) On the DS156, DS157, I my self had printed my first name printed wrong i.e I typed as VENKTA instead of VENKATA missing the letter 'A'
    Now the question is, What will be consequence if my wife goes for the Name correction? as DS156, DS157 are also typo, will they ask her to appear again for the interview??? Any body has any advise please suggest??

Thanks in Advance.

H4 Visa Misatakes

My wife has gone to the US Consulate Chennai for L2 to H4 Visa(I am from L1 to H1 and I do not have the H1 Visa) and she successfully got the Visa. Now we have 2 issues with the H4 Visa Stamp on the passport.

1) They had missed one letter in my fist name 'N' on the H4 stamp. My name should be printed as VENKATA, where as they had printed as
    VEKATA. Now the question is, will it cause any trouble if we do not correct it??? was any body in similar situation earlier? please
    suggest???

2) On the DS156, DS157, I my self had printed my first name printed wrong i.e I typed as VENKTA instead of VENKATA missing the letter 'A'
    Now the question is, What will be consequence if my wife goes for the Name correction? as DS156, DS157 are also typo, will they ask her to appear again for the interview??? Any body has any advise please suggest??

---- There is not much you can do about it. Just leave it at that. Next when you fill in some official documents, make the correction and you whould be fine.

---- There se no consequences to all these matters as this is a common instance and happens to many people.

---- All in all unless there is a serious mistake, nothing needs to be done

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X