Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

L2 to H1

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • L2 to H1

    Hi all,

    I came to US in Dec 06 on L2 visa and working on L2 with work permit.I have my H1 approved and the question is my employer(a desi consultant) is asking when am i available to be under his pay stubs?My intension is i want to be on L2 for how much time period ever, and can go for H1 before i leave to India(as am on L2...when ever my husbands(on L1) company sends back to India).

    will my employer cancels the approved H1 if i wont accept change of status?will there be any effects from my employer if am on L2 visa and by last when can i go for H1 transfer if i dont work for my present employer?(i.e can i transfer my H1 with out any paystub from the employer)

    If i go for H1 stamping @Canada and if my visa is rejected....can i work on L2? or i need to go back to India and how will be the situation if i opt for stamping in India and is rejected?

    urgent reply is awaited n thanx in advance.
    Jyothi.
    Last edited by JyothiReddy; 07-11-2007, 03:45 PM.

  • #2
    Why do you want to join the desi consulting company? On an L2 you can work for any big company. I would suggest join a company that has an offshore branch in India (e.g. Accenture, Microsoft, Symantec, EDS..). So, when your husbands company sends him back to India, you can ask your company to transfer you to their India branch office. Just forget about the H1 and look for a good company to work for on L2.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by JyothiReddy
      Hi all,

      I came to US in Dec 06 on L2 visa and working on L2 with work permit.I have my H1 approved and the question is my employer(a desi consultant) is asking when am i available to be under his pay stubs?My intension is i want to be on L2 for how much time period ever, and can go for H1 before i leave to India(as am on L2...when ever my husbands(on L1) company sends back to India).

      will my employer cancels the approved H1 if i wont accept change of status?will there be any effects from my employer if am on L2 visa and by last when can i go for H1 transfer if i dont work for my present employer?(i.e can i transfer my H1 with out any paystub from the employer)

      If i go for H1 stamping @Canada and if my visa is rejected....can i work on L2? or i need to go back to India and how will be the situation if i opt for stamping in India and is rejected?

      urgent reply is awaited n thanx in advance.
      Jyothi.

      Very similar to my situation!!! As far as I believe, for H1 transfer, you will need to get H1 stamped. People have suggested that visa rejection in Canada wont alet you reenter US on any status (dont know why.. you better confirm).
      One solution is that you insist on getting H1 stamped first and that too in India.

      Comment

      {{modal[0].title}}

      X

      {{modal[0].content}}

      {{promo.content}}

      Working...
      X