Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help-Employer not paying Salary

Hi,

I quit my Indian consulting employers job and he owes me $14,000 in pay which he now refusing to pay, he says he will deduct for H1 and GC expenses. When I started working for him he had agreed to cover all these expenses(not in writing though) and we never had an agreement that I have to repay him if I quit.
    what can i do ? Pl help , this is very stressful for me

Do you already find job and have a valid visa with that employer. If so, you can tell your ex- employer you are going to report to INS if he is not paying. He will be in soup if you report to INS. INS will conduct raid and will impose hefty penalty. I am not sure what kind of implications you will have on this. Just tell your ex-employer and see how he is behaving.

If he is asking money for GC and H1 its illegal. It will create trouble for him.

Comment

Yes, I agree with the previous reply. And infact I insist that you complain. Just let them (INS or DoL) know that he is making you pay for H1 and employment based GC and I am sure they will be in trouble. Draft a well written email to the concerned person and copy to all related in the company.

Comment

severance

Hi I have the same issue, sorry for high jacking your thread.
        It seems that a lot of employers are trying this BS on and causing untold stress to people on H1 b visa.
        My employer has, I have found out , been paying me below the prevailing wage. My documents were false about me working for the company abroad, so I think I have some bargaining chips. You should try and look into your own H1b application etc, to find anything that would implicate them in a law suit. It may not get you your money, but it'll cost them more if they dont pay you off.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X