Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

where to go for stamping Chennai OR mumbai?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where to go for stamping Chennai OR mumbai?

Hi,

I am from Ahmedabad, and working as a software engineer in Bangalore for USA based company for last 2 years. My company has tried my visitor visa last year, and I went to US Consulate Chennai for the same. I got rejected for my visitor visa last year. Currently I am working for the same company, and this year my company has applied for my H1 VISA to transfer me to USA office. In beginning for H1 filing documentation, I have given my permanent address Ahmedabad as I am living here in Bangalore as a paying guest. When I got H1 Approval notice and all other paper works from lawyer, there is in I-120 mentioned that I need to go Mumbai consulate for interview. Now I am confused:

· As I am living as a paying guest in Bangalore and working here, I need to go to US consulate Chennai for H1 visa interview.
    · In I-120 PLUS my permanent residence is Ahmedabad, I need to US consulate Mumbai for H1 Visa interview.

Could anyone please suggest me where I need to go for H1 VISA interview.

Thanks for your support.
    Dharmesh

H1 interview

I am from Ahmedabad, and working as a software engineer in Bangalore for USA based company for last 2 years. My company has tried my visitor visa last year, and I went to US Consulate Chennai for the same. I got rejected for my visitor visa last year. Currently I am working for the same company, and this year my company has applied for my H1 VISA to transfer me to USA office. In beginning for H1 filing documentation, I have given my permanent address Ahmedabad as I am living here in Bangalore as a paying guest. When I got H1 Approval notice and all other paper works from lawyer, there is in I-120 mentioned that I need to go Mumbai consulate for interview. Now I am confused:

· As I am living as a paying guest in Bangalore and working here, I need to go to US consulate Chennai for H1 visa interview.
    · In I-120 PLUS my permanent residence is Ahmedabad, I need to US consulate Mumbai for H1 Visa interview.

Could anyone please suggest me where I need to go for H1 VISA interview.

---- If your company is transferring you to their US location, why are they applying (or have applied) for a H1 petition. Only under L1 petition they can transfer

---- Even if the company has applied for H1 then they are not trasferring you or even relocating you. You must have applied for the H1 and willing to go to the US

---- If the address in Passport and I-129 petition and other documents is at Ahmedabad, then you need to attend the VIsa interview at the US Consulate in Mumbai

---- The only way you can attend at Chennai is by saying thet you have relocated to Bangalore and have proof of residence by showing utility bills and other forms of evidence like a ration card (if you believe that this is applicable)

---- There is no such form as I-120. The I-797 (H1 approval notice) would have listed the US Consulate you need to attend for the Visa interview

---- Attending at another US Consulate other than teh one recommende3d for your petition will have its own consequecnes adn it all depends on teh VO who views it. You may have to wait till that day before that decision is made

Subramanya

Comment

Thanks Subramanya,

Regarding I-120, it was mistake from my side. It is actually I-129. In 797 approval they ask to attend mumbai consulate.

BTW, Regarding L1 :: My company always file H1, I haven't heard that for anyone my company has filed L1. Please let me know is there any negative implication OR consulate officer will ask me any question like Why H1 not L1 OR any other question regarding the same -- please let me know. I am somewhat worried.

Thanks
      Dharmesh

Comment

L1 and H1

Regarding I-120, it was mistake from my side. It is actually I-129. In 797 approval they ask to attend mumbai consulate.

BTW, Regarding L1 :: My company always file H1, I haven't heard that for anyone my company has filed L1. Please let me know is there any negative implication OR consulate officer will ask me any question like Why H1 not L1 OR any other question regarding the same -- please let me know. I am somewhat worried.

---- It is upto you to permit yourself and the company who you wish to work for to file a L1 and H1, both at the same time and at different times. The VO's view both adn or all other types of application on each individual merit. Rest is your way of explanation

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X