Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About SSN

Hi friends,

I was on J1 for three years, with SSN and this October 2007, I am returning to the US with H1 visa.

Would I be continuing to use the same SSN or would I be expected to apply for a new SSN?

Or do I lack the common sense that one can not apply again for a new SSN even if one changes the visa type?

I appreciate your response.

Ssn

I was on J1 for three years, with SSN and this October 2007, I am returning to the US with H1 visa.

Would I be continuing to use the same SSN or would I be expected to apply for a new SSN?

Or do I lack the common sense that one can not apply again for a new SSN even if one changes the visa type?

---- Go to the SSN office and reapply for the SSN with H1 Visa. You will get the same number biut a new card valid for H1. The number will remain the same till your Visa status changes from Non-immigrant Visa (J1, H1, L1 etc.) to an immigratn Visa status (Green Card)

Subramanya

Comment

Regarding ur SSN

Hai i think u can use the same SSN. Once the SSN is issued it will be life long on ur name. So if u go back to india and come back again after few years u have to use the same SSN again. Any way just find out and check with Social Security Adminstration.

Comment

Originally posted by Subramanya

---- Go to the SSN office and reapply for the SSN with H1 Visa. You will get the same number biut a new card valid for H1. The number will remain the same till your Visa status changes from Non-immigrant Visa (J1, H1, L1 etc.) to an immigratn Visa status (Green Card)

Subramanya

Thank you Mr.Subbu. I appreciate it.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X