Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mail from Chennai AFU

Hi All,

Let me know if some one can reply, if they had such similar experience.
    I had my first Consulate interview in Jan 2006, when I was asked to get a letter from end-client; I had then attended it again in April 2007 with such docs, when I was told that the consulate would do some Additional Admin Processing and would inform me. And latest is that I got a mail from Chennai AFU, asking me to mail them my Passport.
    I wanted to find if someone had such similar experience and what the outcome has been.

Thanks.

Mail from Chennai AFU-I got both H1 and B1, If I go on B1 will they cancel H1

I had similar experience, they gave me 221g form, I sent all the required documents then I got only passport back along with h1-b rejection letter.
    after a month or so I got another mail from AFU asking for passport, photograph and DS156-157, by that time I had taken an appointment for B1, so I thaught I will attend the Interview for B1 then send the passport, during the B1 Interview they asked me about my H1, I clearly explained how it happened, then they asked me are you still interested in pursuing your H1, I said yes... after a week I got my passport with both B1 and H1-b stamped..

now I am planning to go on H1 after 2 months, meanwhile can I enter US on for 2 weeks B1 ( because my current employer wants me to go to US)
    If at all I go on B1

1. will there be any problem at the port of entry?
    2. later when I go on H1 can I enter US without original I-797 (becasue I had sent this to Consulate when they issued 221g form, which they never returned it, they had sent only the passport along with rejection letter)

Kindly answer the following questions as I have to travel on B1 in another 2 days

Thanks in Advance
    Ravi

Comment

It all depends on the officer at the POE.

I had a friend who has both H1 and B1. At the port of entry, the immigration officer had asked him, 'which of the two would you like to use to stay in the US?' tough to decide at the counter! When my friend opted for H1, he was asked to go back to India and enter only 10 days before Oct,01

You need to decide and try your luck. Each case is unique.
      All the best.

Comment

Hai Friends

Dont worry u will get visa stamped in ur passport. Send the documents what they asked. Many of my friends cases were cleared by AFU and got their visa and r in USA now.

Comment

hello seniors

i attended h1b interview on july 19 at usconsulate in berlin which i applied in this current year 2007 april as (premium process)......interview gone smooth in positive way and she took a copy of passport last and first page,(but not the ORIGINAL PASSPORT) a copy of approval notice,company letter,appoinment letter and h1b application forms ,at last she said that the consulate will be sending you e-mail....

i had some queries

how many days or weeks will the consulate take to send e-mai?

sending e-mail ,will it depend on consulate ?

what about usconsulate in berlin will i be get the e-mail sooner? if any one experienced please post

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X