Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Query regarding H1 (Project details)

HI,

I m planning to attend the visa interview next month. My consultant(employer) saying me, i should tel in interview that i am going to work in an in-house project for my employer. But actally i am working in SAP here.

I have two queries here....could anyone please help me.

1. Can i tel in visa interview that i am working in some other domain like java, .net ( Apart from SAP ) as i am going for an in-house project.?

If so i need change right from CV to everything. is it advisable??

2. Or can i tel that i m working in SAP and going for in-house proj.

My consultant told me that i should n't tel in intervirew that i m working in SAP.

Please give me ur comments!! thanks for advance.

Simple answer. Be honest. When I went for my stamping, there was a candidate who had completed his degree by distance education. The visa officer was unsure about his eligibity and knowledge. She went inside and came back with a huge file. She asked him what field he is going to work in in the US and turned to a page corresponding to that field and sterted asking him questions. I dont know what was the final outcome but I was surprised that they have something like that. It was like a test of his knowledge right at the visa interview window.

So remember this if you plan to mention something in which you have not worked. I also did not understand why your emloyer asked you not to mention SAP. Consultants are anyway not be trusted with anything.

Comment

Just be honest and show your real resume and done be showing **** resumes like your consultant has made up one.
      Note that this is not a legal advice. Consult your immigration attorney for the best upto-date information.

Comment

Thanks for ur reply....

Can i tel that i m going for in-house project while i am wokring in SAP.

Is it possible.?? Does VIsa Officer believe this???

Comment

i dont beleive you can tell SAP in house project. It does not make any sense. No one is doing in house project in SAP untill you are in end client. If the Visa officer is aware of SAP....you are gone.

Comment

Just be yourself

I do concur with other forum members and strongly encourage you to be straight with all your documents and answers at the VO counter.

The purpose of the interview is to ascertain your confidence and credibility. US does not wish to get any one who could become a liability. So your qualification and work experience should help you to survive their life style as well save some money for your home and home country.

So be straight with your dealings and all else would fall in line.
            All the best.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X