next move if we get 221g

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• next move if we get 221g

Posted by Mady (Chennai, TN) on 07/25/2007 at 01:18:15 PM in Experiences section

Hi ALL let say you are attending H1 in september 2007 and getting 221g form and you are currently working with an MNC and dont want to work with anymore. you want to change the company but since changing companies at the time of h1 interview considered not good so you are sticking with the company until you get stamped. But unfortunately you are getting 221g form and you dont know when you will be called after dropping all the docs that was asked. You have read user expereiences that consulate has called after 6-8 months. So, In that CASE what will you do, you will change company in India itself after you get 221g

or you will stick with current working company until you get visa from consulate ( you dont know the time line)

OR will wait for 1 month or so after dropping the docs and then change after one month, if again called for interview you will try to convince the visa officer reason for change.

Guys, please tell your options and whcih is more appropriate and wise one. am in such situation now and i guess many of you also in same situation. whoever read this please spend a minute to answer here. many thanks, Mady
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Posted by XYZ on 07/25/2007 at 04:41:01 PM in Experiences section

If u change ur employer and if ur old employer supports if the visa officer calls then its ok. other wise it will be a problem.

R u god to predict in advance that u get 221g.

First u be positive and attend to the interview.

Dont Discourage others. If u keep a negatgive thought and attend definetly it may effect ur visa.
    Immihelp Support

Comment

Posted by Raj (NY, NY, USA) on 07/27/2007 at 01:48:43 PM in Experiences section

Even i attended the consulate after changing my job in FEB, attended Consulate in April. And the Officer asked me, i said "I didnt rely on the visa so i changed the company" So dont worry, if u can explain the situation it should do fine.
      Immihelp Support

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X