Got 221(g) during H1B appointment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got 221(g) during H1B appointment

I had a appointment at the chennai consulate. I was given a 221(g) as I was not having some documents.

They asked me to courier teh coumnets through VFS.

I have sent all teh documents to the consulate and it has been more than a week.

Can anybody please give me an idea how much time does it take approximately to get the visa after the documents has reached the consulate?

Thanks
    Deepak
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Posted by Ramana (Bangalore) on 07/23/2007 at 10:51:00 AM in Experiences section

Hi Deepak,
    Don't worry.It usually takes anytime between 10-15 working days which is nothing 2-3 weeks time.And if you have dropped all the documents as per your 221G you will definitely get your visa.You can check the "Track your passport" link on VFS website for the updated status on your passport delivery status.

Good Luck
    Immihelp Support

Comment

Posted by XYZ (USA) on 07/23/2007 at 11:04:39 AM in Experiences section

Hai deepak, after dropping ur documents in courier usually it takes 2 to 3 weeks. If the VO satisfies with ur documentation then ur visa will be issued. If he is not satisfied with ur documents again he will issue fresh 221g and ask for few more documents. so dont worry and be positive.
      Immihelp Support

Comment

Info

dear friend

Normally when the consulate people as you to send the docs via post...to me it looks like the queries are simple so they felt tht you need not come in person.

But according to me when you were asked to send the docs via post....you will also have an option of attending in-person interview. In which case i prefer going for In-person rather sending the docs cos when you send the docs you have minimum control on tracking the case by calling them.

One of my friend encountered same case and he was not having any clue abt the updates of the case for close to 12 months and one fine day he got the visa.(Sorry to tell this)

when ever he tried enquirin thr was no response.....

this case is 2005 batch H1's not sure if the situation has changed now.....

thanks & All the best.

Comment

I attended interview on 30 July and I got 221g for all the petitioners documents
          In fact I had all the docs, but the VO did not see them.. Even I told her that I have all the docs but she refused to see and issued 221g

Also I was asked not to passport in dropbox... But still is there any harm if I drop it

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X