Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 and leave

Hi,
    I am currently on a H1 and have been working continuously with the same company for the last one and a half years. My H1 is valid till Dec 2008. Due to personal reasons I will need to go back to India and stay there for the next 6 to 8 months. My questions are :
    1) Is there a limit to the amount of time that one can take leave while on a H1 ?
    2) Will a long leave for 6-8 months affect my H-1 in any way provided I return to the US well before my H1 expires? (The consultancy that has sponsored my H1 does not mind me taking a long leave and is prepared to place me in a new project whenever I return).
    3) Will I face any additional difficulties at the point of entry after taking a long leave while on a H1?
    Thanks in advance

1. there is no limit to the amount of time that one can take leave while on a H1. You can even get back Nov 2008.
    2. No
    3. If they ask you why did you take such a long leave, tell them it was because of family reasons..
    Also, the time you are out of the country does not count towards your H1b time. if you are out of the country for 8 months, you get 8 months more on your H1b.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X