221(g)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221(g)

Posted by Ram Mohan Vutukuru(Hyderabad AP INDIA) on 08/02/2007 at 11:59:40 PM in Experiences section

Hi,

I have attended the chennai consulate on july 6th and was given 221g. VO asked me to drop all the document in the Drop Box and not attend the interview. In the blue form given to me the VO asked me to submit my I797 and DS forms. Now, I have a question and hope that some one can help me resolve it. My questions are:

1. Do i have to again type the new DS forms in the VFS site and send them in which case they will have a different barcode generated

2. Do we have to send them original I-797 document or the copy of it will work.

3. Also, how long does it usually take for them to respond once we submitt all the documents?

Please help me get an answer for the above questions.

Any help in this regard is greatly appreciated.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Posted by Rajesh(Hydbad AP IND) on August 3, 2007 12:55:07 AM EDT in Experiences section

Hi RamMohan
    reging ur 221(g).If u have the DS 156 AND DS 157 forms xerox copies which u already submitted in the interview will sufficient.no need to take new ds forms.U have to submit the original I797 and all the documents which are ticked in the 221(g) .All these u need to submit in VFS office hydbad.And getting visa they will check all the docs and the petioners genuinity .Dont worry u will get ur visa ones all these checking is done.Now u no need to submit ur passport.U will get a call/mail then u have to submit
    all the best
    rajesh
    Immihelp Support

Comment

Posted by Ram(Hyderabad AP INDIA) on August 3, 2007 5:29:14 AM EDT in Experiences section

Hi Rajesh,

Thanx a ton for the information.I have saved my earlier 156 & 157 forms.I hope new printouts of the same will work out??

Regards
      Ram
      Immihelp Support

Comment

Posted by kg(sg sg sg) on August 3, 2007 5:45:51 AM EDT in Experiences section

no,you should take new 157 pdf from /us-visa-and-immigration-forms/ds-157.html and fill it in online then take print out.
        For 156 go for https://www.immihelp.com/us-visa-app...n-form-ds-160/

It is mandatory to fill new ones
        Immihelp Support

Comment

221g- case under review

Hi Experts,

I have attended the visa interview in chennai on July16th.
          VO gave me 221g, telling that they need some time to review my case.
          they have my (( I797, I129, LCA, Tax receipt of US compny, employee report,
          lease docs, project description and detail report ).
          till now i havent get any mails. in case if i need to put my docs in VFS drop box, is it ok , if i give photo copy of I797 , since VO aalready has original ?
          anybody has similar situation? plz reply

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X