Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 and H1 - Mr.Subramanya Please help

Hi,
    Currently i am working in US for employer A in L1B and visa is expried only my I-94 is valid till jan 2008. I had applied for H1B thru employer B and got valid petition till 2009 Jun.

1) If i stay in US beyond Jan 2008 will there be an issue in getting my L1B extended?.

2) if i go back to india before jan2008 and if i want to get L1B stamping for employer A can i get that done and is there a chance employer A get to know about my H1B petition?.

3) If i come back to US will my H1B petition be still valid and can i go back to india anytime before 2009 Jun to get H1B stamping? Will there be any issue in getting H1B stamped late.

Please help....
    Edit/Delete Message

H1 and L1 issues

Currently i am working in US for employer A in L1B and visa is expried only my I-94 is valid till jan 2008. I had applied for H1B thru employer B and got valid petition till 2009 Jun.

1) If i stay in US beyond Jan 2008 will there be an issue in getting my L1B extended?.

---- There may not be any issue but you will have to extedn your L1B before it expires

2) if i go back to india before jan2008 and if i want to get L1B stamping for employer A can i get that done and is there a chance employer A get to know about my H1B petition?.

---- Yes, you can get your L1B stamped. about your employer knowing about H1 is between you and your employer

3) If i come back to US will my H1B petition be still valid and can i go back to india anytime before 2009 Jun to get H1B stamping? Will there be any issue in getting H1B stamped late.

---- No issues as long as the employer agrees to keep your employment spot vacant for you and that depends n your negotiation

Subramanya

Comment

Thanks for you help Subramanya..

Just need one more clarification on you reply regarding Question #2 SO if i understand your response correctly Employer A will not know abt my H1 petition unless i tell him about the petition coorect?

Comment

H1 issues

Just need one more clarification on you reply regarding Question #2 SO if i understand your response correctly Employer A will not know abt my H1 petition unless i tell him about the petition coorect?

---- The issue seems to be a bit beyond than wht you are writing. I you have close friend working in the same company and you tell him about your Visa status adn other details, that is bound to percolate.

---- if you indicate to any of your colleagues about Visa status and talk about it in various forums within your company, your employer is bound to know about it.

---- After all this polictics. How best you play your cards is all that matters. Remember, the winner who wins knows his/her own strengths and weaknesses as well as that of the opponent. Balancing these matters is between your ears

Subramanya

Comment

you are the best..Thanks for your response.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X